The iconic Bude Castle. Part Museum, part art gallery, part café, part community space. A lovely place to just sit and watch the world go by, or come to an event for the community, or to enjoy the history and art and cake that are found within the Castle walls. This is what Bude Castle has to offer:
- A lift just inside the main door, on the left, to access the first floor.
- Both ground and first floors are all on a level
- There is a separate disabled toilet, just before the other toilets, on the ground floor
- High contrast between floor and walls for those partially sighted
- A number of museum exhibitions have push button audio commentary
- Our VR experience has two consoles, one of which has been designed to be wheelchair user friendly
- Staff have been trained to assist less able to exit the building in an emergency
- Separate wheel chair exit from first floor during an emergency
- All doors and aisles are wheelchair friendly
- All allergens and ingredients lists are available in the café to help avoid foods that are triggers
- There is a quieter room to have refreshments in away from music and echoing voices
- Picnic boxes are available if you would prefer to buy food and take it away to eat outside
- Friendly café staff to help try and facilitate any needs/special requirements
- Call ahead of a visit to discuss special requirements so we can try help your visit run smoothly
- 2 Disabled parking spaces next to The Castle itself
- There is a ramp available should you want wheelchair access to the lawn up the kerb.
- The Castle has a warm environment for the comfort of all visitors
- Artwork in the galleries change roughly every 3 weeks, might be worth calling ahead to make sure there are no strong colours to over stimulate
Click here to look at past reviews
Have you been here?
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.